You never know when you wake up in the morning exactly what's going to happen in a day. I woke up one Friday morning in June over a year ago and didn't feel well. I knew I couldn't have a hangover. What could be going on? Oh - maybe I should check to see if I'm pregnant. Paul hadn't yet gotten out of bed that morning before I told him the news. (I kept going in and out of the bedroom checking to see if he was up. He finally rolled over and asked, "what is going on with you?" "I'm pregnant!" I blurted out - not exactly how I'd planned to tell him the news.) He DEFINITELY wasn't expecting that one when before he'd gotten out of bed on that June day.
Late November last year we went home for Thanksgiving and had a great time with my family and then Paul's family too. I would have never known as we were driving down I-20 that I would be in the emergency room within a few hours and that my leg was developing a major blood clot!
Tuesday of this week was another day that we weren't ready for.
Tuesday morning Paul got a phone call that he wasn't expecting. Paul's darling grandfather (Nanaji) passed away overnight. Always smiling, always adoring, always taking care of everyone around him. While I took Taylor to the doctor's office, Paul and Sachin got together and prepared to drive down to Jonesboro. We all cleared our calendars and spent time with his family. Chandani, meaning Full Moon, is what Nanaji called our Taylor. What a dear name and oh so true.
Nanaji is going to be so missed but we know he's in a happy place with Paul's grandmother by his side...
1 comment:
This is such a great picture. I know Taylor will love her nickname--- it is so sweet. So sorry for your loss, Paul and family.
Post a Comment