
At summer camp and college, one of my favorite traditions were the pass-downs. Our sorority at Wake made a big deal about this - the older girls would pass down t-shirts (Raise Hell Fidele), stuffed pigs (party pigs!), owls (Chi Omega's mascot) and even Chucks (red converse sneakers). It was such an honor to receive a hand-me-down from one of the older girls. I remember getting a huge paper mache red pepper (red hot!) from my big sister and I was THRILLED to display it in my dorm room.
Taylor has received several pass-downs from cousins, friends, and family members. My favorite so far is a Citadel hoodie that my mom saved that was mine when I was little. Taylor's Pops is a Citadel man and still serves on the Board there. I remember going with him to visit the school (every high school girl's dream, right!?) and it was fabulous to see my dad in his college environment. We learned about his days on the tennis team, remembered his dear coach, and heard stories about the awful things the cadets did to one another.
Last weekend was Homecoming at Wake Forest. We didnt make it this time, but hope to be there next year to enjoy seeing old friends and reminiscing... about...
1 comment:
LOVE this picture of Taylor!!!!!!!
She just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!!!!!
Post a Comment