Who am I kidding? Paul has never posted on this blog. But "Amanda" on its own just seems so lonely...
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Fill er up
Last week marked 10 years since I graduated from college. I love it that 10 years later I've still got great relationships with some of the best friends imaginable. Cheesy, but I can't help it. They fill me up. I miss them dearly over time and wish that I had someone here with me in Atlanta. But then again, it sure does give me so much to look forward to when I get to travel to Charlotte.
In fact, I think back over the past 10 years and I am sure that my friendships outside of Atlanta have been so fulfilling because of the distance and need to work at it. And that's what we do - we work at it. This weekend is a great example of working to see one another. I packed my family in the car on Sunday morning and we all drove to Charlotte to see the girls and their families. Seen above, Taylor snoozing on the drive - which she did like a champ.
Megan and Mike were kind enough to put us up for the night. Brantley and the newest member of the gang - baby Liv - had flown down from NYC (via a stopover in Alabama). Megan and Mike drove back from Blowing Rock, NC to meet us. Staci made her way from Chapel Hill. We had a preciously pregnant Callie with her hubby Win and a the 2nd newest member, Adams, with his sweet Mom Kelley and Dad Daniel. Hours traveled to get to the same place!
Taylor played with everyone, gave lots of hugs and kisses, whined only a little bit, woke up bright and early, and hung in there with me when I needed just a few more minutes with Brant.
Dinner was homemade and delicious. Grilled chicken and steak fajitas, salad and rice with a homemade cake by Kelley "call me Martha" Ripp. When I say my time with the girls fills me up - I'm not kidding! I filled up on the delicious food, caught up with my dear friends, and loved every moment of the comfort that comes with being around people you've known forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment