The real reason I love to celebrate my birthday... isn't the cake or the presents or even a chance to eat ice cream. It's the excuse to celebrate and see friends. Hear from friends. Talk to family. Not that I don't like to go out for a good dinner (or two) and splurge on a really delicious glass of wine.
Lots of celebrations this year (I am a very lucky girl... and we also attended a couple of parties that weren't for my birthday but that were fun excuses to celebrate!). Out of the fun times - my favorite of all was sharing PIE from The Pie Shop with my sweet husband and precious Taylor. (http://www.the-pie-shop.com/ - go there if you live nearby and haven't been there before.)
Molly and I share a birthday week and have gotten together every year for a long time (8? 9? 10 years? Not totally sure now) so we met up for Mexican food on Thursday night. She and I threw a joint bday party for our 25th birthday at Paul and Sachin's house. The road ended up closed due to a sink hole and a water truck had fallen into oblivion. The local news was there and all the neighbors were out in the street talking to one another. And the party kept going - we hung out in the backyard with some burgers on the grill, delicious punch, and a lot of great friends.
So this year we didn't have a big party or celebrate with happy hour or a night out at the bar. But I did get lots of emails from friends, a few texts from my brothers, and tons of Facebook love from friends and family - some of whom I haven't seen in years and years.
And that's what I always look forward to about birthdays. Experience the love! Thanks to everyone out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment