I wanted to take a moment to enjoy this picture and indulge myself with commentary on how much I love my fabulous grandmother. She's beautiful, thoughtful, and incredibly intelligent. She's strong while being feminine and kind while being direct.
My mom sent this beautiful picture to me this week. Look at that baby Amanda - confirmation that my little Harbans IS in fact a Bell baby.
I was in Augusta for work in December and had a chance to spend some moments with Mimi - just the two of us. In her typical kind way, she spent much of the conversation making me feel good - good about myself, good about my girls, good about my cute Hubs. "How's that sweet husband of yours doing Mandy? I sure do think you have a fine fine husband."
Of course I was too young in this picture to remember the actual moment, but when I think of my Mimi, the love and connection above is exactly how I feel. She's one of the things I am most thankful for in my life and I know how lucky I am to have her guidance, love, and attention. Happy happy happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment