Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Parents Weekend 2010

When I graduated from college, I thought that I was done with "parents weekend." The 24 hour period of time in which you squeeze in several reservations (brunch, lunch, dinner) with various groups of friends, maybe attend a football game (or in my case a football game TAILGATE), and hope for a couple of good shopping excursions with mom. Well... I am a lucky girl because since Jordan's arrival at Georgia Tech, I have once again been in charge of parents' weekend. Unfortunately for me, this time around I rarely get the shopping excursions (those are reserved for Jordan), I have to be in charge of reservations, logistics, transportation, and football tickets, and none of my friends are participating! This past weekend was Parents' Weekend 2010 - mom and dad arrived on Saturday morning, we had brunch, went shopping, Jordan entertained dad for 2 hours, I chauffeured mom around Atlanta, we all went to a football game, and by 6:30 pm I was EXHAUSTED! You would think that being 5 months pregnant would exclude a person from having to organize and participate in these types of activities! One of the highlights of the weekend though was going onto the field with Jordan. And I got to see Davis Shaefer and his moustache!

No comments: