Wednesday, December 5, 2012

2 Years... and 20 stockings later

Two years ago this week, I was 29 weeks pregnant and leaving the hospital after a long, scary week.  The DVT that rocked our world was "under control" and I was allowed to get out of the bed for the first time in days (if you've ever used a bedpan, you get what great news this was, right?).  I remember my first shower after days of laying in bed.  My leg swelled up like a big fat blueberry.  I was on my feet for less than 10 minutes and had to lay down in the bath tub before I could walk back to my bed.  A big fat blueberry leg is hard to walk on!

And then we came home.  That was interesting.  There are 7 steps leading up to my house.  And each one was like climbing a mountain.  The first thing I wanted to do was to decorate our Christmas tree.  Which meant I had to sit on the couch in the living room and let Paul and my mom decorate our tree - while I watched.  That wasn't easy.  I don't watch well - I like doing the doing myself.  Not watching.    Especially when we're talking about doing things that I enjoy - like decorate our Christmas tree each year.

So... let me get to the point.  We decorated our little Christmas tree last week.  And each time I walk by it I am so appreciative both of the help I received in years past (thanks Mom, thanks Paul) but also that that help was not needed today.


Listening to Christmas music now and wrapping presents... and enjoying this lovely view!


No comments: