Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11





It's been another one of those interesting days. In some ways... we've gone on with life as normal. Woke up at 7:00 with Taylor, Paul played golf, T and I went for a walk and went to the grocery store. I even did my first major crafts project as a mom - a "Who Am I?" poster for Taylor's classroom. Quite an accomplishment while having a 7-month old crawling around and demanding attention. "Sorry, honey, I have glue and scissors in my hand" doesn't exactly work when your child is trying to crawl into the fire place or has found a spot on the floor where the tile is loose.

While it was a typical Sunday in some ways, today is the anniversary of the attacks in NYC and DC and is clearly not a typical day. Taylor wore her "I love NY" outfit today in honor of all our friends and fellow Americans in New York, DC, and throughout the country who were directly impacted by the terror attacks on September 11, 2001. (She's such a great American, isn't she.) Life continues on and aren't we glad for that fact? Lucky to be able to play golf, go for that walk, enjoy our trip to the grocery store and have the money in our pocket to buy that extra goodie and the jarred baby food.

Pictured here - Taylor this morning expressing her love for NY and the completed crafts project.

2 comments:

sb said...

This is the most gorgeous picture of Taylor, and I think that her NY City outfit shows her love of America ( not to mention her mother's creativity). Amazing that she already has homework to do for 7 month school. She is such a star!!!!

Jan Eisentrout said...

I love this picture too!!!! She looks so cute.
I wondered about homework too---LOL!!!!! I guess its never to early to start your education.
Love yall aj