As cheesy as it may be to quote Forrest Gump... Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. I remember going to see the movie with my mom and my BF Gennie Leigh (who coincidentally just had a baby boy named John Hampton Sumner... congratulations to sweet GL and her precious family!). Gennie Leigh never cried when we were growing up whereas I was always a faucet (and still am... despite my efforts otherwise) - yet even GLS had a tear in her eye I think. That movie was something... and here I am quoting Forrest and his chocolate comment.
But truly - you never know what you're going to get. That's been the theme of the past year or two in the Shailendra family. We never quite know what is about to happen. My job, Paul's work, family, health, babies... quite a long list of unexpecteds - and mostly good when you think about it. Today was another unexpected moment, as I was named Interim Director of Economic Development for the Atlanta Development Authority and city of Atlanta. What a surprise. What a pleasant surprise - like a caramel chocolate as opposed to coconut. Although, I could get used to coconut too if I needed... just wouldn't be what I'd want to get!
Thanks for the wise advice, Tom Hanks/ Forrest Gump.
1 comment:
WOW!!!!! Congratulations honey----that is an awesome feather in your cap----author unknown----LOL!!!!
That will be a real exciting job for you and I know that you will step up and do a great job.
Love ya aj
Post a Comment