Monday, July 18, 2011

A Weekend Away Take 2



Another fun weekend out of town for the Shailendra crew - and this time Scout got to come. We all drove over to Charlotte on Saturday morning to see my sweet friends - Kelley, Jill, Kate, and Megan. We spent some time at Megan and Mike's house for James Henry's 1st birthday party. It was great to spend some time with friends AND there was a changing table and baby toys for T's added comfort.

As you can see, all the activity wore her out. Taylor was pooped at the party and then slept for 13 hours on Saturday night - her mom and dad were VERY appreciative since we too were worn out from the party. :-) Kate and Ben, my roommates in DC when Paul and I first met, were so so sweet to let us stay with them. Everyone had a buddy to play. Scout and Floyd. Paul and Ben. Kate and me and Taylor.

I am so thankful for my college girls and miss them so much. They were such help with Taylor and made me realize how special it is to be friends with people for so long. I hope for the same for T and I hope that she gets to know them more over the years. Also very thankful that we made it to and from Charlotte without car trouble, without leaving our phones behind, and without a vomiting 5 month-old!

1 comment:

Jan Eisentrout said...

I just love that little girl!!!!! She looks so comfy being held by her Mom. Glad you all had fun and wish you many more fun trips.