Monday, December 6, 2010

it's the little things

For a Type A personality like mine, it's difficult when you can't do things on your own. Especially little things - like throwing away your own trash, fixing breakfast and clearing dishes, getting dressed, or letting Miss Scout out the back door. I'm realizing though, as I am able to do a little more every day, that my ability to do these little things is such a treat. And it also makes me thankful to have family around who can help me with these little accomplishments.

Yesterday, Paul took me to lunch and to Barnes and Noble. I took a pain pill in preparation and got dressed (slowly and with lots of breaks!). We went to eat BBQ and it was delicious. It was so cold outside, but it felt fabulous to be outside and breath the fresh air. After lunch we made a quick stop at Barnes and Noble. Someone must have seen that I was struggling to walk because a superstar Barnes and Noble employee asked us what books we needed and within 90 seconds had delivered all of them to Paul. I went back to the car with my books and Paul picked us up a hot chocolate - delicious! I had to ride in the back seat so that I could keep my leg but it was worth it. We must have looked pretty funny with Paul chauffeuring me around!

No comments: