We have a mail slot in our door and when the mailman comes by and I'm home, I always hear a loud noise in the front of the house when he slams the mail through the slot. It's a messy way to get your mail - usually everything scatters around the floor in our foyer, which isn't too fun when you walk into the house with already full hands and an alarm beeping at you!
However, December is always the best month for getting mail! I eagerly hobbled up to the front of the house yesterday to see what all had arrived. And I enjoyed opening several Christmas cards from friends, a couple of invitations for holiday parties, and a new NetFlix video. I LOVE opening mail this time of year! However - yesterday there was an extra surprise waiting for me in my stack of mail on the floor. A JURY SUMMONS! The sad thing is that I would love to serve on a jury, I'm not opposed to putting in my time, and I 100% respect the system. But now? Serving on a jury on January 13th? Seriously?
Thank goodness they have let me postpone until June, after Baby S arrives and I'm back at work. Isn't timing everything?
No comments:
Post a Comment