Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Nutcracker





Ansley and Ella Banks came to visit this weekend from Vidalia. We had such a fabulous time at The Nutcracker. We even got to do a backstage tour (thank you to the Atlanta Ballet staff!). It's always bittersweet to see the Nutcracker because I would love to be back on the stage. Watching the snowflakes and waltz of the flowers definitely brought back memories of my Augusta Ballet dancing days. Nutcracker days meant missing school, getting sick, dancing to the point of exhaustion, and enjoying every moment. I remember the first year that I had a dressing room backstage at the Imperial theatre (shared with about 10 other girls in a cramped space). Thinking about it reminds me of the old heaters, snack table, merde gifts, and smelly costumes. I loved watching Sugar Plum and Dew Drop every performance - "will she be able to a triple or a quad today?" What a perfect way to get into the holiday spirit with Ansley and EB! Can't wait to get home to Augusta and see everyone else for a couple of days.

No comments: