Monday, March 21, 2011

Ready to Run

I may be crazy but I've signed up for a 5k the last weekend in April. I haven't run since June 2010 - but it's only a few miles, right? The last time I ran was a 1/2 marathon from Napa to Sonoma to raise money for Colitis research in honor of my sweet brother Jordan. I ran the first and last miles of the 1/2 marathon and walked the rest, as I was 9 weeks pregnant, nausea, and untrained. What a doozy of a last workout. It took 3 1/2 hours to finish! So today I ventured out onto the Atlanta Beltline PATH and jogged with Taylor. We walked the first mile and ran the second. That's all I could do today, but it felt great and I enjoyed moving my legs and pushing myself. I think that we've got a new addition to our daily schedule!

No comments: